Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £12 - £12
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Young Persons Practitioner to work in the East Lothian area. This role is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £12.00 per hour.
This post is initially to cover period of permanent recruitment. The role is initially for 3 months, however there may be scope to extend the period of recruitment beyond 3 months. We require all enhanced PVG checks to be completed prior to start date, and SSSC registration as already stated.
- The service provides practical and emotional support for homeless young people between the ages of 16 and 25,.
- This service has living accommodation on a site for 11 young people, with a main building comprising of 9 bedrooms, and several communal rooms such as kitchen, laundry, sitting room and bathrooms. In the other building there is a 2 bedroom flat and an office space above.
- Main duties would be to support young people to develop the skills they will require to move onto independent living and to maintain a tenancy of their own. This is done in both 1-1 sessions with young people or in groups.
- The service also support young people to look at ways of constructively using there time through work, college/further education or maintaining school, or by doing voluntary work, attending groups etc.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current PVG.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.