Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £32 - £32
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker or Probation Officer to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in Youth Offending. This vacancy is based in Ipswich, Suffolk. The pay rate is £32 p/h.
The Youth Offending Service in Suffolk require a qualified Social Worker or Probation Officer to join their team as a Youth Offending Service Officer. The job holder will offer a range of services to young people and their carers, assessed as vulnerable and requiring support and interventions to prevent the likelihood of further offending and managing the risks of harm they present to themselves and others. The job holder will be an integral member of the Suffolk Youth Offending service, acting as a representative when appropriate, and contributing to the delivery of the service as contained within the Youth Justice Plan and the Children and Young Persons Plan.
- Undertake assessments and prepare reports of young people referred to the Youth Offending Service.
- Manage a range of complex, multi-agency cases, including those managed by the Multi Agency Public Protection Panel process and / or Safeguarding procedures
- Provide structured intervention programmes, based on effective practice principles that aim to prevent offending and anti-social behaviour and manage the risks of harm young people present to themselves and others.
- To work with partner agencies and voluntary organisations in the provision of alternative ways of supporting young people and their families to develop their potential and prevent social exclusion.
- To hold case responsibility for young people and provide specialist advice, counselling and support (emotional, social and practical) to individuals as well as families.
- To maintain accurate up-to-date records using IT systems, where appropriate.
- To be prepared to work outside normal office hours in accordance with the needs of young people and the service
- To provide direction and support to sessional workers, mentors and volunteers who contribute to the direct intervention programmes of the Youth Offending Service.
- To supervise YOS staff’s case management, report work and structured intervention programmes
- To provide regular supervision, staff development and training as appropriate to ensure effective service delivery
- Attend Youth Courts (when trained and as required) and provide court duty cover for Saturdays and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.