Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £25 - £25
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for an Assistant Youth Offending team worker in the Northampton area.
As a Youth Offending Team Worker you will be a confident and credible practitioner with children and young people, their parents/carers, victims of crime, professional colleagues and in formal environments such as the Youth and Crown Court. The Youth Offending Service is a highly successful statutory partnership which is required to reduce the offending of children and young people; reduce the incidence of harm to potential victims; repair existing harm where possible and safeguard the welfare of the children and young people with whom we work. You must be able to identify and act upon risks, and do so swiftly when required.
- Undertaking complex assessments with children and young people.
- Writing reports.
- Designing/delivering interventions.
- You will be expected to see clients both in our offices and in various community venues, including their own homes.
- You will understand that the ability to motivate children & young people, their parents & carers, and other workers are all critical to giving you the opportunity to put your knowledge and experience to good use.
- Qualifications: A professional qualification is essential for this role, so you will have a nationally recognised qualification as a Youth Worker, Nurse, Probation Officer, Social Worker, Teacher or equivalent.
- Experience: Have some experience of working with young people and children and have the ability to engage positively with them, their parents/carers and the victims of their offences.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK. Up to date DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 3 month contract.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Youth Offending Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.