Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £12.11 - £12.11
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Youth Participation Worker to work with Devon County Council based in Exeter. This contract is initially for a period of around 3 months and the hourly rate is £12.11.
As a Youth Participation Worker you will facilitate the engagement of children, young people and families to have a say on the services they receive at a strategic level and in the development of policy, procedure and practice.
- To be able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the service.
- To undertake individual and group work with children, young people and families as agreed by the Participation Team Manager.
- To develop effective relationships and networks with colleagues across the council and partner agencies.
- To broker effective and positive relationships between service users and decision makers.
- To facilitate the delivery of key projects and duties of the team, specifically the development of our Children in Care Council and Care Leavers Forum across geographical localities in Devon.
- Qualifications: NVQ in Health and Social Care.
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
- Compliance: Recent DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.