Consultant: Liam Halls
Salary: £45000 - £52000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Equine Surgeon to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular Equine veterinary practice in Pembrokeshire.
You will be involved in hands-on veterinary care of Horse’s, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will work alongside other Veterinary Surgeons often, as well as experienced Nurses.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class Vet care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring when needed, health checking, and occasionally feeding.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Using digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope, K laser etc
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Surgery.
- Experience: Post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Surgeon in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 40 hours p/w, and a rota of OOH to be discussed at interview.
- CPD Allowance of £1,000 per annum and 4 days CPD paid leave.
- 28 days annual leave.
- RCVS fees paid.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.