Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £58000 - £65000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Head Veterinary Surgeon to work in a practice based in Nottinghamshire. If you would like an exciting, new opportunity then apply today.
As a Head Veterinary Surgeon of a RCVS-accredited practice your role will be to safeguard the health and welfare of the small-animals that are bought in. You will be responsible for the medical and surgical treatment of a wide range of different animals. You will need to have strong leadership skills as you will be in charge of all of the other Veterinary Surgeons in the team and ensuring that operation sin the practice run smoothly.
- To lead and be in charge of all other Veterinary Surgeons in the team.
- Be keen to be in a management role in a fast-paced clinic.
- To treat the animals, surgically and medically.
- To prescribe medication to any animals that may need it.
- Be passionate about delivering top quality Veterinary care.
- Be confident in coaching and guiding colleagues.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Experience: Post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Surgeon in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS and proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 40 hours p/w, including 1 in every 4 weekends, with time off in the week in lieu to make up the correct hours of work and no on call.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- 5% Pension Contribution, Cycle scheme & Childcare Vouchers
- £1,500 CPD allowance per annum / 5 days off
- VDS Fees covered
- RCVS membership
- Well structured rota
- Good work life balance and a great place to work.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know Head Vet Surgeon who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.