Consultant: Tom Baker
Salary: £24000 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Royston, Cambridgeshire.
I am working with a very well-established client that are seeking an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to take up a Head Nurse position at their practice in Royston, Hertfordshire. Situated close to the train station and town centre, the surgery is well equipped and see’s an interesting & varied caseload. They are looking for an experienced Vet Nurse to maintain and implement great clinical standards. You will be motivated and encouraged to bring your own ideas to develop the practice. Working within a friendly team, you will ideally have clinical coaching experience & be happy supporting more junior members of the team
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: A degree or equivalent qualification in Veterinary Nursing
- Experience: At least 3 years post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Nurse in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS
- 42 hour week
- Only 1 in 3 Saturday mornings
- No OOH requirements
- Very competitive salary
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.