Consultant: Tom Baker
Salary: £28000 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Head Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Watford.
I am currently working with a client who are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to take up a position as Head Nurse! They are a very respected and well-established practice and have a great team!
The position would involve;
- 40hrs a week (Mon-Fri 8 hour days) with 20 minute paid lunch
- One in 5 weekends which will be working in clinic on Sunday 10-4 (the Saturday would be at home and required to go into the practice if there are inpatients.
- No OOH (but some inpatient care)
- One night every other week and inpatient care on the weekend work (Weekend work and inpatient care is paid on top of salary & there is a holding fee for being on the inpatient rota regardless of if there are inpatients or not!) – Inpatient care involves 1 check at 10pm and at weekends, 3 checks throughout the day (you get your hours paid door to door for these checks)
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: A degree or equivalent qualification in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: At least 3 years’ postgraduate experience as a Veterinary Nurse in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Very competitive salary
- CPD allowance
- Staff discounts
- Health cashback scheme
- Professional fees paid
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.