Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £27000 - £29000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Registered Head Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within the Surbiton area in Surrey.
You will have a varied caseload and will have to be able to encourage our nurses to be fully involved in all aspects of patient care including nurse-led consultations including K-laser therapy and weight clinics. Ongoing education is important to us, so if you are veterinary nurse that enjoys training and coaching student nurses this would be a great advantage (we would be happy to support you becoming a clinical coach, if not already). By joining this clinic you will be part of a friendly, supportive and progressive team at a first-opinion practice, providing excellent standards of clinical care for our patients.
- Ensure that your areas of personal responsibility are carried out to the highest standard and with the commitment required to carry them out effectively.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeons, in line with the code of professional conduct.
- Support any nursing assistants and/or student veterinary nurses in all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintain a cleaning regime within the practice to ensure high standards are maintained throughout.
- Ensure that all areas of your Veterinary Nursing role are completed correctly and efficiently following all guidelines.
- Carry out Nurse Clinics and Nurse Appointments.
- Advise clients on general pet healthcare.
- Assist in the maintenance of good stock control in all areas of the practice.
- Ensure that documentation and patient records are maintained and medications are correctly supplied to patients.
- Leading the nursing and support staff team.
- Organising the rota including holiday and sick pay.
- Overseeing stock control and ordering.
- Active involvement in developing new protocols to ensure the best standard of care given to both clients and patients.
- Qualifications: A registered Veterinary Nurse/degree in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: 1-2 year in a similar role is ideal.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS and proof to work and lice in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 40 hours p/w. You will need to work 1:3 weekends, 1:6 Sundays, with days off in lieu. NO OOH’s.
- Funded CPD
- RCVS fees
- Staff discount
- Birthday perk (additional paid day off on/around your birthday)
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Head Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.