Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £14 - £18
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Locum Registered Veterinary Nurse based in Newcastle upon Tyne. The role is due to start at the beginning of March for 12 weeks.
As a Registered Veterinary Nurse you will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing routine healthcare as a veterinary nurse. You will work alongside veterinary surgeons and practice managers to provide the best possible care for animals, while educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness.
- Administering drugs, anaesthetics and injections.
- Preparing animals for surgery.
- Holding and monitoring animals during operations.
- Maintaining, sterilising and laying out surgical equipment.
- Cleaning up after surgery.
- Undertaking diagnostic tests.
- Preparing and sending off laboratory samples.
- Taking x-rays.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: Qualified Veterinary Nurse.
- Experience: 1+ year working as a Veterinary nurse.
- Compliance: RCVS registered and proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work.
- Hours: Full time, 38 hours p/w. Includes a 1 in 7 weekend rota (spilt weekend days so 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday every 3-4 weeks or full weekends if more convenient).
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.