Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £34000 - £34000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a New Graduate Veterinary Surgeon to work in a practice based in Liverpool. If you are looking for a new challenge then apply now.
As a Veterinary Surgeon you will be working with small-animals in a RCVS-accredited practice. You will need to set a high standard for the practice and provide excellent client satisfaction. You will work alongside veterinary surgeons and practice managers to provide the best possible care for animals, while educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness.
- To perform work with relative autonomy and seek advice from more senior staff when required. Once help has been sought, individuals should manage these cases wherever possible.
- To be able to develop surgical skills in line with the practice ‘competency sheet’ – the sheet creates a reference point for both the type and length of procedures individuals should be undertake.
- Being able to take an accurate recording of these procedures is required to enable progress to be tracked and targeted guidance to be given where required.
- To be competent in taking blood samples and interpreting the subsequent results. Interpretation of complex cases should be achieved through personal research creating a list of potential problems. The differentials should then be discussed with a more senior clinician resulting in an appropriate treatment plan being developed.
- To be able to understand the context in which all the technical aspects of their role are practiced. All patients are the responsibility of an owner and thus communication with these individuals is paramount.
- Pre-authorising work, keeping owners up to date with costs and their animal’s clinical progression are all essential elements of the job.
- To be aware of the commercial impacts of their work and thus ensure that they are responsible for accurate billing.
- To be accurate in note keeping in line with the suggested practice methods.
- To take full responsibility for their CPD and all other mandatory requirements of their continued veterinary registration.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Experience: New-graduate Veterinary Surgeons.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS and proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, Permanent.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Surgeon who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.