Consultant: Tom Brett
Salary: £14210 - £17500
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Administrator for one of our veterinary practices in Cornwall.
Salary: £14, 210 – £17, 500 per annum
Hours: 40 hours, Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
The key duties and responsibilities are to:-
- Provide a friendly and informed reception service to customers both face to face and over the phone.
- Proactively and reactively organise the vet’s diaries to maximise use of time and minimise driving, while advocating the needs of our customers.
- Carry out the administrative aspect of TB testing to the highest standard and to conform to requirements laid down by XL Farmcare.
- Manage stocks of veterinary medicines, including ordering / returns and dispensing to customers. Also, managing stock rotation and holding to reduce waste.
- Keep the office clean and tidy, including washing PPE, cleaning kits and preparing them for autoclaving, ensuring suitable equipment available for vets at all times.
- Act as liaison between customers and other departments within the company such as knowledge transfer and finance.
- Liaise with suppliers including those providing veterinary medicines, stationary and waste disposal services, minimising costs where possible.
- Aid in the organisation of veterinary meetings, client meetings and agricultural show stands.
- Support the Vet team in day to day admin duties where possible to allow the vets to spend as much time as possible out on farm.
- To be an active member of our team – solving problems and suggesting new ideas.
- To take responsibility for own workload organisation in conjunction with team priorities.
The ideal candidate will need to have:-
- GCSE level or equivalent, with English and Maths at Grade C or above (essential).
- Excellent computer knowledge, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (essential).
- Previous experience of at least 1 year in a public facing role (essential).
- Experience and/or knowledge of the livestock/farming industry (desirable).
For more information please call Tom Brett on 07520633081 or email [email protected]