Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £55000 - £70000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for an Orthopaedic Veterinary Surgeon to work in a veterinary practice in Surrey.
As an Orthopaedic Veterinary Surgeon, you will specialize in surgeries to correct diseases and injuries of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and other skeletal structures. You may practice on large animals such as horses, or they may treat small companion animals, such as dogs and cats. Procedures that veterinary orthopaedic surgeons perform include hip replacement, arthroscopic knee surgery, repair of bone fractures with plates or nails and emergency neurologic surgery. Before they operate, veterinary orthopaedists examine animals and use radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging or ultrasound images for diagnosis.
- You will be an RCVS registered vet with 5 years of experience or more.
- You will have experience, a certificate or keen interest in Orthopaedics.
- You will enjoy and be happy & confident with routine surgeries.
- An interest or skills in ultrasound would be a bonus, and most importantly you will know how to look after your clients and their pets.
- Client and Patient care are our top two priorities, so you must be a great communicator.
- Qualifications: An RCVS recognised Degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years post-grad experience (experience in ECC work would be advantageous).
- Compliance: Must be registered with the RCVS.
- Hours: Hours to be negotiated, as would suit both full and part time applicants. No out of hours required. You will work 38 hours per week, with a 1 in 4 Saturday requirements, but no out of hours!
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave.
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.