Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £20000 - £23000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff in the Leeds area. This position provides an excellent opportunity to work with referral Veterinary Surgeons, nursing more complex cases.
You will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will have access to the in-house laboratory and will be working alongside a team of experienced and very dedicated Vets, Night Vets, Nurses, Night Nurses, Animal Care Assistants and Lab Technicians. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Ensuring you have a good customer service mind set and client focused approach to work.
- You will need to have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You will need to have good keyboard and computer skills.
If you have a surgical qualification or would be willing to work towards one please let us know.
- Qualifications: Qualified Veterinary Nurse.
- Experience: 1+ year working in a multi-disciplined veterinary practice as an RVN and obtained the correct number of relevant CPD hours in the last 12 month period.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 40 hours p/w, including 1 in 4 weekends.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Vet Nurse jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Animal Health’.