Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £21000 - £21000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within the Hartford area in Cheshire at a newly refurbished, Tier 3 Small Animal Hospital.
You will work in a stimulating environment where facilities and equipment are excellent and there is opportunity to work with a variety of first opinion, emergency and referral in-patient cases. This role would be based within the wards at the hospital, providing excellent nursing care for inpatients. Theatre and prep work would only be needed in exceptional circumstances, however should the successful candidate enjoy theatre work, this could be accommodated in the rota.
- Ensure familiarity and adherence to the RCVS Code of professional conduct.
- Ensure that your duties are carried out to the highest standard, and support the Head Veterinary Nurse with the smooth and efficient running of the practice
- Ensure that your areas of personal responsibility are carried out to the highest standard and with the commitment required to carry them out effectively.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeons, in line with the code of professional conduct.
- Support any nursing assistants and/or student veterinary nurses in all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintain a cleaning regime within the practice to ensure high standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure that all areas of your Veterinary Nursing role are completed correctly and efficiently following all guidelines.
- Performance of reception duties when required and dealing with clients when admitting and discharging patients.
- Carry out Nurse Clinics and Nurse Appointments.
- Advise clients on general pet healthcare.
- Assist in the maintenance of good stock control in all areas of the practice.
- Ensure that documentation and patient records are maintained and medications are correctly supplied to patients.
- Qualifications: A registered Veterinary Nurse/degree in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months experience as a Veterinary Nurse.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS and proof to work and lice in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w on a rota system, working one week 7am to 3:30pm and then a week of 2pm to 10:30pm. There is also a rota for cover of bank holidays and 1:4 weekends (taken as TOIL).
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.