Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £15 - £15
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Locum Registered Veterinary Nurse to work in the Berkshire area. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a Veterinary Nurse to join a busy team and a progressive practice.
You will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will have access to the in-house laboratory and will be working alongside a team of experienced and very dedicated Vets, Night Vets, Nurses, Night Nurses, Animal Care Assistants and Lab Technicians. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Administrating drugs, anaesthetics and injections.
- Preparing animals for surgery.
- Holding and monitoring animals during operations.
- Maintaining, sterilising and laying out surgical equipment.
- Cleaning up after surgery.
- Undertaking diagnostic tests.
- Preparing and sending off laboratory samples.
- Taking X-Rays.
- Qualifications: Qualified Veterinary Nurse (RVN).
- Experience: 1+ year working in a multi-disciplined veterinary practice as an RVN.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS and proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, from January until September.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.