Consultant: Tom Baker
Salary: £18000 - £23000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Northamptonshire.
You will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will work alongside veterinary surgeons and practice managers to provide the best possible care for animals, while educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness.
My client are looking for a full time Registered Veterinary Nurse with a passion for gold standard animal care and providing an exceptional service to their loyal client base. This vacancy is a static position in one of the clients branch surgeries which has recently been fully refurbished.
You would be working alongside a single Veterinary Surgeon and will have the opportunity to build on the existing client base by using your business creativity and offering a consistent high level of service. This is a great chance to help manage a practice with support from an approachable management team and support from a friendly wider team of clinical and support staff. You will work closely with the vet to organise the week, be part of initiatives to generate new and increased business, and really make the practice your own. The role will encompass reception duties as well as the opportunity to use your nursing skills. This is a full time Monday to Friday position with Wednesday afternoons off.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: Post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Nurse in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Competitive salary
- No OOH
- No weekend work
- CPD allowance and ongoing training
- Covered RCVS membership
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Colleague discount 50% of professional veterinary fees
- Eyecare/Cycle to work scheme
- A paid day off to celebrate your birthday
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Vet Nurse jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Animal Health’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.