Consultant: Tom Baker
Salary: £20000 - £25000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Barnet, Hertfordshire
My client are a busy 24 hour RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital. They pride themselves on delivering gold standard care for every patient. They are currently looking for permanent full time RVN’s who are highly motivated, want to use their nursing skills to their full potential and who are keen to develop their knowledge and skills.
The successful candidate will be working in a fully equipped hospital with laparoscopy, endoscopy, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, fully equipped in house lab, isolation and separate dog and cat ward.
You will be working in all areas of the hospital from theatre, anaesthesia, diagnostics, wards inpatient care and dispensary; with a wide variety of cases and lots of hands on nursing.
Full time RVNs work a variety of shifts on a rota basis including weekends and occasional nights with time off in lieu and supplements paid. Part time positions may be considered.
Hospital experience would be beneficial but welcome to all applicants from experienced to newly/almost qualified nurses; who are highly motivated, are keen to learn and want develop their skills. Full training will be given in all areas.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: A degree or equivalent qualification in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: Post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Nurse in the UK
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Excellent salary
- Funded CPD
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS fees paid
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.