Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £25000 - £28000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for an Out of Hours Registered Veterinary Nurse based in Merseyside. The role is due to start immediately.
As a Registered Veterinary Nurse you will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare as an OOH veterinary nurse. You will work alongside veterinary surgeons and practice managers to provide the best possible care for animals, while educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness. They are a 1st opinion & Referral practice, the main job role is to take care of the in-patients alongside a Vet & deal with any 1st opinion emergency’s cases that come in.
- Taking expert care of the in-patients alongside the Vet.
- Ideal candidate will have a desire to focus on continued learning in a helpful environment.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: Qualified Veterinary Nurse.
- Experience: 1+ year working as a Veterinary nurse.
- Compliance: RCVS registered and proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work.
- Hours: 3 day week, Thursday nights 8pm – 8am. Saturday days 1pm – 9pm. Sunday days 8:30am – 8:30pm
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Vet Nurse jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Animal Health’.