Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £15 - £15
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Locum Registered Veterinary Nurse to work within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Mid Glamorgan.
As a Registered Veterinary Nurse, you’ll be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You’ll work alongside veterinary surgeons to promote animal health and welfare through responsible ownership, and play a key role in the education of pet owners.
- Confidently handle and restrain animals.
- Provide nursing care to hospitalised patients, including patient monitoring and health checking, feeding, grooming and walking animals.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Monitor anaesthesia.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Communicate with pet owners, gaining their trust and reassuring them about their animal’s treatment.
- Educate pet owners on animal health, including vaccinations, worming, flea prevention and appropriate nutrition.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year experience.
- Compliance: Must be registered with the RCVS.
- Hours: 1:6 weekend of days and 1:6 weekend of nights (recovery days are given following weekend work).
- Average working week of 40 hours based on a 6 week shift rota. Position starts in Januray until the end of March.
- Travel: Full driving License and own vehicle would be preferable.
- Competitive hourly rate.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Registered Veterinary Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.