Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £23000 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within the High Wycombe area, in Buckinghamshire, to start immediately.
You will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will work alongside veterinary surgeons and practice managers to provide the best possible care for animals, while educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness.
- Ensure familiarity and adherence to the RCVS Code of professional conduct.
- Ensure that your duties are carried out to the highest standard, and support the Head Veterinary Nurse with the smooth and efficient running of the practice
- Ensure that your areas of personal responsibility are carried out to the highest standard and with the commitment required to carry them out effectively.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeons, in line with the code of professional conduct.
- Support any nursing assistants and/or student veterinary nurses in all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintain a cleaning regime within the practice to ensure high standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure that all areas of your Veterinary Nursing role are completed correctly and efficiently following all guidelines.
- Performance of reception duties when required and dealing with clients when admitting and discharging patients.
- Carry out Nurse Clinics and Nurse Appointments.
- Advise clients on general pet healthcare.
- Assist in the maintenance of good stock control in all areas of the practice.
- Ensure that documentation and patient records are maintained and medications are correctly supplied to patients.
- Complete the equivalent of 2 days continuing professional development (CPD) each year, on topics discussed and agreed with your Head Nurse and branch manager. CPD must be recorded in line with RCVS requirements and a copy kept at the practice for regular audit.
- Reflect on your own performance, strengths and weaknesses and develop yourself to maintain competence in all aspects of your role.
- Ensure that your registration with the RCVS remains up to date.
- Qualifications: A registered Veterinary Nurse/degree in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months experience as a Veterinary Nurse.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS and proof to work and lice in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 40 hours p/w. OOH’s is available if wanted. 35589
Shift patterns are as follows:
- RCVS fees paid & appropriate memberships
- Annual CPD allowance whilst running in an in house programme which is free of charge
- Extensive anaesthetics training
- MRI & CT training
- Training & Development Plan
- 5 weeks holiday
- Shared bank holiday rota
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free fresh fruit
- Social events
- Salary depending on experience
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.