Consultant: Marcus Killett
Salary: £21500 - £26500
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Nurse to work as a team leader within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Cheltenham.
An exciting opportunity to lead a 6 nursing and support team members is now available; the practice are looking for an experienced, Registered Veterinary Nurse with proven clinical coaching involvement and leadership knowledge.
As well as general veterinary nursing duties including anaesthesia for Laparoscopy/ ultrasonography, nurse clinic consultations and reception duties, the individual we be required to lead and develop a team environment through.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Clinical coaching responsibilities
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: Post graduate experience
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Hours: 40.5 hours p/w, Saturdays on a shared rota
- CPD Allowance
- 25 days annual leave.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- No OOH
- Attractive salary
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.