Consultant: Amy Coughlan
Salary: £40000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Sheffield, on the edge of the Peak district.
What you will get from the client:
· The ability to work up your own clinical cases with all the essential diagnostic tools, in an environment that encourages case discussion amongst the 8 vets in the practice.
· Experience with a spectrum of cases, with the support of other experienced colleagues available 24/7, including a certificate holder. We provide our own OOH cover, shared among all staff. However overnight on-call starts at 9pm, by which time most patients needing urgent attention have already been seen, so this is rarely onerous.
· Salary package from £40,000 depending on experience (including the usual perks of CPD, professional memberships, RCVS and VDS subscription etc) for a 40 hour week.
· Friendly, helpful staff. (All our nursing staff are qualified RVNs or nurses in training and we are a VN training practice – so there is a lot of support in both clinical and non-clinical areas).
· A 1 in 6 rota for bank holidays and weekend work with time off in lieu.
· An atmosphere of continued learning with regular clinical club meetings and in house CPD, most recently including microscopy and haematology provided by Idexx staff.
· Climbing, cycling, walking and great Peak District Pubs are all on our doorstep.
What they’re looking for:
· Your ability to empathise and communicate with clients and other staff is most important.
· Good consulting technique and manner.
· Excellent technical veterinary skills in all aspects of surgery and medicine are an added bonus.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Nursing.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- CPD Allowance of £1,500 per annum and 5 days CPD paid leave.
- 30 days annual leave.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 50% discounted staff pet care plan.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Vet Nurse jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Animal Health’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.