Consultant: Leon Steed
Salary: £35000 - £45000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
You will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will work alongside veterinary surgeons and practice managers to provide the best possible care for animals, while educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Experience: Post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Surgeon in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w, including every other Saturday and flexibility around absent staff.
- CPD Allowance of £1,500 per annum and 5 days CPD paid leave.
- 30 days annual leave.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- 50% discounted staff pet care plan.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.