Consultant: Marcus Killett
Salary: £18500 - £23500
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Bristol.
You will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare.
You will need to be an enthusiastic veterinary nurse who is passionate about the provision of high quality service to patients and clients.
The practice are looking for a nurse who is keen to continually improve their professional knowledge and experience and are an excellent communicator, understanding that educating pet owners about their pets’ welfare is just as important as providing high quality treatment.
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Nursing.
- Experience: New Grad or experienced
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Holiday: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Hours: 40 hrs per week
- Generous CPD package
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- Full support from our dedicated nurse management team
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.