Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £20000 - £25000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Nurse to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular small-animal veterinary practice in Oxfordshire.
You will be involved in hands-on nursing care of a range of small-animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will work alongside veterinary surgeons and practice managers to provide the best possible care for animals, while educating pet owners about how they can manage and prevent further injuries and/or sickness.
- Administering drugs, anaesthetics and injections.
- Preparing animals for surgery.
- Holding and monitoring animals during operations.
- Maintaining, sterilising and laying out surgical equipment.
- Cleaning up after surgery.
- Undertaking diagnostic tests.
- Preparing and sending off laboratory samples.
- Taking x-rays.
- Qualifications: Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
- Experience: Must be a fully qualified Veterinary Nurse.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: The working week would be based on 40hrs plus on call. The position also offers and attractive rota of 1 in 8 weekends and Friday nights plus and average of 1 night every two weeks.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.