Consultant: George Owen
Salary: £35000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular veterinary practice in Kent.
Two to three days a week will be sole charge at the branch, generally covering consulting sessions only, unless there are urgent procedures needed which can be fitted into the diary as needed. The remaining weekdays are two vet days, with one vet covering three separate consult sessions throughout the day and the second vet operates in the morning and then consults during the evening between 5-7pm.
The Working Environment:
- Our client’s Vets usually work four days during the week, so get a full day off every week. Weekend cover includes Saturdays on a rota to cover Two of our branches on a Saturday morning 09:00 – 12:45 and the other two branches that open morning and afternoon, the latest appointment being 16:30. Plus, you will be required to work 1 Sunday in every 6 weeks (Sunday until 12:30pm).
- The Practice has an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray processors at each branch and ultrasound facilities are shared across the group.
- Branches open at 08:00 and close at 19:30 Mon – Fri the last appointment of the day is at 19:00 and we offer 15 minute consults, all by appointment.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Surgery or equivalent.
- Experience: 1 year of Post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Surgeon in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w on average.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Surgeon who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.