Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £30000 - £60000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular veterinary practice in Northampton.
As a Veterinary Surgeon you will work to a high standard to maintain a high level of care for both pets and pet owners by diagnosing, treating and researching medical conditions. You will regularly perform consultations and medical treatment for a range of Small Animals. You will undertake surgical operations and other tasks associated with such procedures including anaesthesia, monitoring and research. You will carry out tests such as blood samples, ultrasound scans and x-rays. You would also administer drugs accurately where necessary.
- Diagnosing and treating sick and injured animals.
- Performing routine surgeries.
- Carrying out tests such as blood analysis, X-rays and scans.
- Carrying out regular health checks and giving vaccinations.
- Supervising veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Keeping records of treatments.
- Communicating with pet owners.
- Qualifications: An RCVS recognised Degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Experience: Minimum of 1yr’s post-grad experience.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Hours: Hours can be flexible for the right candidate. 1 in 4 Saturdays of which the following friday would be consults only with an early finish. The working week would generally be 0845-1815.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.