Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £30000 - £60000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to work as a permanent member of staff within an established and popular veterinary practice in Windsor.
Your role as a Veterinary Surgeon will be to safeguard the health and welfare of animals. It’s likely you’ll do this in a general practice, where you’ll be responsible for the medical and surgical treatment of a range of animals. You’ll also manage anaesthesia during procedures and will work to prevent disease in animals and the spread of disease.
- To perform consultation and medical treatment of animals.
- To undertake surgical operations (including neutering and general surgery).
- To undertake, on a roster basis, emergency and out of hours qualified veterinary cover.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
- To supervise support staff and direct and advise accordingly.
- Qualifications: An RCVS recognised Degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Experience: Minimum of 1yr’s post-grad experience.
- Travel: Full driving license and own a car as the client have branch surgeries.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Hours: Start time 08.30am unless on ops in which case it would be 8am.
- Finish time will depend on rota but between 5.30pm and 6.30pm on a full day.
- 1 in 15 on call with the resident nurse taking initial calls from clients. Start with evening consults and finish at 9am following morning.
- One half day off each week if no night duties or weekends 1pm finish.
- Late night surgery on a Tuesday and Thursday until 8pm with consulting vet starting at 1pm usually one late night every two weeks.
- Shared weekend rota meaning 1 in 5 – consults on Saturday and Sunday morning and on call until 5pm with a maximum of one night duty across the weekend.
- Monday and Friday off following duty weekend.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Vet Surgeon jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Animal Health’ on Google.