Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £30000 - £55000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Animal Health is looking for an Exotics/Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon in the Aylesbury area. If you are interested in this role then apply now. This practice are looking to recruit two new Veterinary Surgeons, one Small-animal vet and one with Exotic and small-animal experience.
As a Veterinary Surgeon you will be working with exotic and small-animals in a Tier 2, RCVS-accredited practice. You will need to set a high standard for the practice and provide excellent client satisfaction. You will join a team of a long-established friendly and busy mixed independent practice, with 16 vets and 19 vet nurses, there are separate Small animal and equine teams. The practice has facilities such as canine hydrotherapy, canine massage, pet shop and equine clinic and is consulting only. There is a sole charge at branch and Ooh but with RVN support and experienced vet and practice manager back up.
- To treat the animals, surgically and medically.
- To prescribe medication to any animals that may need it.
- Be passionate about delivering top quality Veterinary care.
- To be confident in taking the lead role at times.
- To be confident in all areas and is happy to perform Calving’s and Cow Caesareans.
- To work well in a team.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Medicine.
- Experience: Experience in working in a similar role is preferred but support is available for a recent graduate too.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS and proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 4 days per week plus OOH, currently 1:8 nights, Saturday mornings with time off in lieu, you will be on call from home. Normal working hours start with an early shift at 8am – 6pm finish. Most days are 8:30am to 6:30pmwith a late shift every 2-3 weeks (11:30am – 8:30pm).
- Each vet does half a day of consults (two blocks with a 30 minute break) and half a day of operating on most days.
- 23 days plus bank holidays (31 days), increases with length of service.
- CPD allowance.
- Accommodation available initially if required.
- Free lunches.
- Staff dog kennels with daily walks in the woods.
- Frequent social events.
Working with Seven Animal Health:
Established in 2011, the award-winning Seven Animal Health is a leading provider of Veterinary professionals to Hospitals and Private Practices across the UK, Australia and USA. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with every type and level of veterinary professional.
Seven Animal Health is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of animal health; including exotic, equine, small/large animals, and everything in between.
After winning UK Animal Health Recruitment Firm of the year (2018) at the Animal Health & Wellness Awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Vet Surgeon who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Animal Health. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.